Vegan Zesty Zucchini Salsa
This chunky and fresh salsa is bursting with flavor and is a great way to get in a even more nutritious veggies due to its zucchini and summer squash base!!
Makes abt. 2 - 2.5 C.
Zesty Zucchini Salsa:
- 1 Diced Medium Zucchini
- 1 Diced Medium Yellow Summer Squash/Crooked Neck Squash
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Zest and Juice of 2 Limes
- 8-10 Cherry/Grape Tomatoes (quartered)
- 1 (15 oz) Can Organic Black Beans (drained, rinsed)
- 1/4 C. Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- 4-6 Scallions/Green Onions (sliced/chopped)
- 1 Jalapeño or Serrano Pepper (finely chopped, w/ optional seeds & vein for added heat)
- 4 Garlic Cloves (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Saucy Lips Zesty Cilantro sauce
- 3 Tbsp Saucy Lips Jalapeño & Green Apple hot sauce
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika (optional)
- 1/4 tsp Dried Oregano
- 1/2 tsp Himalayan Pink Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and enjoy immediately (but like most salsas, this one is even more delicious if left to marinate a few hours to overnight in the fridge, as well!).
Recipe by @thenoshingfox
Leave a comment