Crispy Fried Squash
These crispy fired zucchini and summer (yellow) squash are great for a slightly more indulgent snack or appetizer, complete with a delicious dipping sauce.
- 1 Medium/Large Zucchini (1/4” slices)
- 1 Medium Large Yellow Summer Squash (1/4” slices)
- 1.5 C. Unbleached Flour
- 1.5 C. Plain Panko Breadcrumbs
- 2 Vegan Eggs
- 1/4 Avocado Oil (or other high-heat safe, neutral oil)
- In a small serving dish, stir together the two sauces. Set aside.
- Spread out flour and Panko onto their own plates and the vegan eggs into one bowl.
- Dip the squash slices into the vegan egg.
- Then, dredge in flour and then dip a second time into the egg.
- Dredge in Panko breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large skillet/pan over medium/high heat.
- Carefully place 4-5 squash slices into pan (don’t overcrowd/overlap them) and let fry on each side until golden-brown (~2-3 minutes per side).
- Place on a paper towel lined cooling rack for a few minutes before serving (to absorb excess oil).
- Serve with dipping sauce and enjoy!
Leave a comment