Buttery Sage Pretzels w/ Pumpkin Mustard
The classic pretzels and mustard with a fall inspired twist!!
Buttery Sage Pretzels w/ Pumpkin Mustard:
- 4.5 C. All-Purpose Flour
- 1.5 C. Warm Water
- 1 Pkg Dry Yeast
- 1/2 Tbsp 100% Pure Maple Syrup
- 1.5 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1/4 C. Vegan Butter
- 8 - 10 C. Water
- 1/4 - 1/2 C. Baking Soda
- 3 Tbsp Saucy Lips Pumpkin Mustard
Sage Infused Butter:
- 2 Tbsp Vegan Butter
- 2 Tbsp Fresh Sage (finely chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- In a mixing bowl, combine maple syrup and 1.5 C. warm water — add yeast and let let for ~5 mins. or until foamy.
- Add flour, butter and mix on low with a dough hook, or knead by hand for ~3-5 mins until dough forms.
- Pre-heat oven to 450F.
- Remove dough from bowl and lightly oil the bowl.
- Return the dough to the oiled bowl and cover with a towel or plastic wrap — set aside and let rise for ~1hr until dough has doubled in size.
- In a large pot, bring to a boil the 8 - 10 C. water with the baking soda.
- Remove dough from bowl, lay out and equally divide dough into sections.
- Roll out dough sections into snakes (of desired length) and twist into a pretzel shape (make a “U” shape and criss/cross the ends, then press ends into the bottom “U” curve).
- Boil formed pretzel dough for 30 seconds (in small batches of 1-2 at a time).
- Remove with a slotted spoon or slotted spatula to drain excess water — gently place onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 mins, until golden.
- While the pretzels bake, heat the butter in a sauce pan over medium/high heat.
- Add crushed garlic and chopped sage — lower heat to medium/low.
- Infuse for ~15 mins.
- Remove pretzels and transfer to a cooling rack for ~5 mins.
- Remove and discard garlic cloves from the sage infused butter.
- Once pretzels have cooled and are ready to serve, brush on the sage butter.
- Serve with a side of Saucy Lips Pumpkin Mustard for dipping.
Amanda Tonis (@TheNoshingFox)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.