Planning a small gathering with the family this year? This side-dish packed with nutrients is absolutely delicious and perfect to include for those family members that are vegan, dairy-free, gluten free or currently doing a Whole30 round.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 4-5
- 3 TBSP of olive oil
- 4 cups of sweet potatoes peeled and cut in small cubes (about 1/2 inch reference picture)
- 1 cup of chopped onions ( about 1 small onion)
- 2 TBSP of Zesty Cilantro
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fresh cilantro for garnish
- In a large non-stick skillet heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil in medium heat.
- Add your sweet potatoes and sauté them for 5 minutes.
- Add and the onions and stir to combine.
Reduce heat to medium-low, use lid to cover the skillet and let the dish cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove lid and add the 2 TBSP of Zesty Cilantro, salt and pepper. Increase heat back to medium and sauté for another 5 minutes or until the potatoes are soft.
- Garnish with some fresh cilantro and serve warm.