Whole30® Zucchini Boats
Cook time: 25
Makes: 8 zucchini boats
GHOST PEPPER CASHEW CREAM SAUCE (MILD SPICY)
- 1TBSP nutritional yeast
- 2 cup of cashews
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 4 tbsp of our ghost pepper sauce
- 1 cup of water
- Blend everything in the food processor or high speed blender until soft.
4 medium zucchinis
2 tbsp olive oil or any Whole30 compliant cooking fat
1/4 of bell pepper diced
1/2 onion diced
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of pepper
1 lb ground meat of choice (we used 1/2 pound of Italian sausage and 1/2 pound of ground beef)
1 small can of tomato paste
1/2 cup of water
- Fresh minced parsley or basil for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375° F. Cut the zucchini horizontally and scoop out the insights with a spoon.
- Place the zucchini on a baking sheet face up and drizzle some olive oil, sea salt, and pepper .
- In a cast iron pan, heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil and sautè the onion and bell pepper until golden. Add the ground meat and stir to break up any lumps, until browned.
- Add the tomato paste, salt and pepper and 1/2 cup of water and cook on medium low heat until the water evaporates and the meat is sizzling.
- Remove the pan from the heat and fill the zucchini with the meat. There might be some leftover meat, depending on the size of your zucchini.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes or until the zucchini is tender. Garnish with parley and drizzle the cashew cream sauce on top.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.