- 2 lbs of chicken cut into small cubes
- 1/3 cup of almond or coconut flour
- 1/3 cup of arrowroot powder (If you can't find this just do and extra 1/3 of almond or coconut flour)
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup of our Tangy Mango Sauce
- 1/3 cup of our Jalapeño Green Apple Sauce
- 1/3 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of coconut or olive oil for frying each batch (Not deep-frying)
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F and lightly oil your baking dish.
- In a gallon zip bag, add the arrowroot powder, the paleo flour, and the teaspoon of salt. Add the small chicken cubes to the bag and shake until coating the chicken.
In a small bowl crack the eggs and whisk them. You are going to need to have this close to the skillet and have a plate lined with paper towels as well.
Working in batches, add about 6 pieces of chicken at a time to the bowl with egg. From there, to the skillet to fry for one minute each side and then place the pieces of chicken on the paper towel. Repeat this process until all the pieces of chicken are fried. Don't worry if the chicken is not completely cooked, since they are all going to the oven with the sauce after.
Once all the chicken is fried, place it in the baking dish with the sauce. Toss to coat the chicken in the sauce.
Place the baking dish in the oven and bake for 15 minutes. Turn the chicken and bake another 15 minutes.
The sauce should be thick and sticky. Serve warm over veggies or cauliflower rice.
Recipe by Natalia Dalton of Saucy Lips