2 heads butter (Boston) lettuce
1 pint grape tomatoes
2 green bell peppers
1 ½ lb lean ground beef
extra virgin olive oil
What to do
- Wash and dry the fresh produce.
- Add mayonaise and Saucy Lips Ghost Pepper Tamarind to a bowl; whisk to combine the mix and set aside. Ratio for these two depends on how spicy you want it. Keep adding ghost to the mayo until taste.
- Juice lemon into a large salad bowl. Add oil, salt, and pepper; whisk to combine the dressing and set aside.
- Form the ground beef into 4 equal-sized patties, place on a plate, and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat a large grill pan or regular skillet over medium-high heat.
- Once the grill pan or skillet is hot, coat with 2 tbsp of oil.
- Place the burger patties in the grill pan and cook, undisturbed, 3-4 minutes; flip patties and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, until cooked through. Once done, transfer to a clean plate.
- Meanwhile, seed and slice the bell peppers into thin strips; add to the salad bowl.
- Halve the tomatoes and add to the bowl.
- Separate the lettuce leaves. Set aside 2 large leaves per burger; chop or tear remaining leaves into bite-sized pieces and add to the bowl with the dressing. Toss to combine the salad.
- Pile leaves, in stacks of two per wrap, onto plates. Top with a burger patty and a spoonful of mayo and ghost pepper mix. Serve with salad on the side.