Whole30® Saucy Cashew Chicken Stir Fry
Ingredients for the Stir Fry
- 1 lb. boneless chicken, cut into small bite-sized pieces
- juice of one lime for the chicken marinade
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 6 green onions chopped (white and green parts separated)
- 1 bell pepper sliced
- 1 container of mushrooms sliced
- sliced/shredded carrots
- 1 head of broccoli
- 1 cup of Cashews
Ingredients for the Sauce
- 4 Tbsp of almond butter
- 4 Tbsp of Pineapple Thai
- 1/2 cup of water
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 Tbsp of Ghost Pepper & Tamarind for a mild spicy version
- Mix the small cubes of chicken in a bowl with 1/4 teaspoon of salt, 1/4 teaspoon of pepper, the minced garlic and juice of one lime. Let it sit while you chop all the veggies.
- In a cast iron pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil and begin to cook the chicken for about 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Add the veggies and white part of green onions and let everything cook for another 10 minutes.
- Add the sauce and move continuously for about 5 minutes.
- Top with green part of the onions, cashews and if you like spicy add more ghost pepper!|
Recipe by Natalia Dalton
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.