Whole30® Mango Carnitas
Cooking time: about 1 hour and half
- 2 pounds fatty pork shoulder, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 cup of water
- 1 medium white onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup our tangy mango sauce
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 TBSP of Ghee
- Put the TBSP of ghee and the sliced onion in a wide pot until it tenders and turns golden. Add the remaining ingredients (don't worry if the pork is not completely covered) and bring the water to a boil. Lower the heat and let the pot simmer, stirring occasionally, until the pork is fork-tender and the liquid has completely evaporated, about one hour.
- Remove the meat from the pot and let it cool off a bit. Take 2 forks to shred the meat. If you want your carnitas to be crispy, Then fry the carnitas in a large skillet with 1 tbsp of oil for about 3 minutes.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.