This easy, healthy, and delicious vegan take on a burrito bowl is sure to please!!
⁃ 1 Small Whole Wheat Flour Tortilla
⁃ 1/2 Tbsp Avocado Oil (for sautéing)
⁃ 2 tsp Avocado Oil (for the tortilla)
⁃ 1/4 C. Sweet Potato (1/4” small diced pieces)
⁃ 2 Tbsp White Onion (chopped)
⁃ 3 Tbsp Canned Black Beans (rinsed, drained, Low-Sodium)
⁃ 1/4 tsp Garlic Granules
⁃ 1/4 tsp Paprika
⁃ 1 Tbsp Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
⁃ Zest of 1/2 Lime
⁃ Juice of 1/4 Lime
⁃ 1/4 C. Brown Rice and Quinoa (cooked)
⁃ Pinch of Pink Himalayan Salt + Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
⁃ 1 Tbsp Saucy Lips Jalapeño & Green Apple hot sauce
⁃ 1 Tbsp Lime and Black Bean Hummus (or your preferred hummus)
⁃ 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Preheat oven to 425℉.
- Place Tortilla on a plate and with a paper towel or culinary brush, coat both sides of the Tortilla in the Avocado Oil.
- Line an oven safe (small) dish with the Tortilla, creating a bowl shape (you’ll probably have to fold the tortilla in areas to make it fit and to achieve a bowl shape) — Place a ball of aluminum foil inside the Tortilla to keep from collapsing.
- Bake on a lower oven rack for ~15 mins.
- Sauté Sweet Potato + Onion + Garlic Granules + Paprika for ~10 mins.
- While that cooks, mix Lime Zest + Lime Juice + Cilantro + Rice/Quinoa.
- Add Black Beans to the sautéing sweet potato and onion, continue to sauté ~3 - 5 mins.
- Whisk Olive Oil + Hot Sauce + Hummus until well-combined.
- Carefully remove tortilla bowl out of the oven-safe bowl, set on a plate.
- Fill the tortilla bowl with the cilantro lime rice, then top with the sautéed veggies and drizzle on top with the dressing.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.