Vegan (Spicy) Tomato Bisque
This delicious vegan and spicy take on the classic Tomato Bisque is sure to warm your soul and delight your taste buds whether enjoyed as a side dish, appetizer, or main course!
- 2 14 oz Canned Diced Tomatoes
- 1 14 oz Canned Coconut Milk (full fat)
- 2 Tbsp. Tomato Paste
- 2 Tbsp. Avocado Oil (or any high-heat safe oil)
- 2.5 tsp. Saucy Lips Ghost Pepper & Tamarind hot sauce
- 1/2 a White Onion (diced)
- 1/2 C. Diced Fresh Tomatoes (I’ve used grape tomatoes, here)
- 1/2 a Red Bell Pepper (diced)
- 1/4 C. Chopped Carrots
- 2 Tbsp. Fresh Basil
- 3 Garlic Cloves (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp. Crushed Red Pepper Flakes
- 1 tsp. each: Pink Himalayan Salt & Ground Black Pepper
- ***Optional Garnishes (as seen in photo): Pine Nuts, Extra Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, Ground Black Pepper.***
- Heat oil in a medium/large pot over medium/high heat, then add onions; cook ~5 mins.
- Add garlic; cook ~3 mins.
- Add bell pepper, carrots, fresh tomatoes; cook ~5 mins.
- Add seasonings and basil; cook ~2 mins.
- Add canned/liquid ingredients (diced tomatoes, tomato paste, coconut milk, hot sauce); simmer ~10-15 mins.
- Remove from heat, let cool ~10-15 mins.
- Transfer soup into a blender, blend ~2 mins., or until smooth/well blended.
- *** If you don’t have a way of blending the soup base into a bisque, this is also wonderful left whole, as a hearty/chunky tomato-based soup! ***
Amanda Tonis (@TheNoshingFox)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.