VEGAN quiche??? Yes, indeed!
- 1.5 C. Garbanzo Bean (aka Chickpea) Flour
- 2 C. Water
- 1 C. Plant-based Milk
- 1/2 C. Diced Bell Pepper (any colors)
- 1/4 C. Vegan Chorizo (or similarly flavored/styled vegan meat substitute)
- 3 Tbsp Saucy Lips Habanero and Carrot hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- 2 tsp Garlic Granules
- 2 tsp Onion Granules
- 1 tsp Worcester Sauce (or 1 tsp Vegan Bouillon Cube)
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Vegan Frozen Pie Shell/Crust
*** Optional: Fresh arugula ***
Preheat oven to 400℉.
- Mix all dry ingredients (flour & seasonings) in a medium bowl until well mixed. Set Aside.
- In a pot, simmer liquid ingredients (water, milk, sauces) over medium/high heat.
- Par-bake pie shell/crust for ~10 mins.
- Whisk in dry ingredients until thoroughly combined, forming a smooth and thick batter consistency (~2 mins.).
- Fill par-baked pie shell/crust with Quiche base mixture.
- Disperse fillings (chorizo, bell pepper) over the quiche and lightly press into the mixture or gently stir.
- Bake quiche for ~30 minutes or until firm/set.
- Optional: Top with arugula.
Recipe by @thenoshingfox
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.