Vegan Kale Quesadilla with Pico de Gallo
This Vegan Kale Quesadilla with fresh, homemade Pico de Gallo is sure to please!
1 Whole Wheat Tortilla
1/2 C. Vegan Shredded Cheese
1 C. chopped Kale (just leafy part, no rib)
1 Minced Shallot
1 Tbsp Avocado Oil (or any high heat safe, neutral oil)
- Heat a small—medium size pan over medium heat with the oil, then sauté the shallot until softened and lightly golden.
- Add in the chopped kale and let sauté until slightly wilted.
- Next, heat up a large enough pan to place the tortilla into.
- Place tortilla in the pan and cover one half of the tortilla with 1/4 C. vegan shredded cheese. Then, layer on the sautéed shallot and kale and sprinkle on top with remaining 1/4 C. of cheese.
- Fold the empty tortilla side over everything, to seal it all up.
- Let cook for ~2 mins on each side, or until slightly browned and crispy.
- Slice into triangles and serve with pico de Gallo, and garnish with a lime twist.
Pico de Gallo:
- 2 Diced Roma Tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp Chopped Red Onion
- 2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Juice of 1 Lime
- 1-2 Tbsp Saucy Lips Jalapeño & Green Apple hot sauce
- Sea Salt and Ground Black Pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients together and serve over the Kale Quesadilla!
* NOTE: For even better results, let marinate 2hrs - over night in the fridge (this pico de gallo get’s even better over time).
Recipe Credits: @thenoshingfox
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.