These sweet and savory vegan crostini are a delicious and simple hors d’oeuvre, perfect for any occasion. Fun fact: “crostini” is the plural form of “crostino”, meaning “little crust(s)” in Italian.
- 1 French Baguette Loaf
- 2 - 3 Tbsp. Saucy Lips Zesty Cilantro
- 2 - 3 Tbsp. Saucy Lips Peppery Strawberry Balsamic
- 2 -3 Tbsp. Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 White Peaches (thinly sliced half moon shapes)
- Vegan Ricotta “Cheese”
- Vegan Chorizo (cooked according to packaged directions)
- 2 Tbsp. Chopped Fresh Flat-leaf/Italian Parsley
- Fig Spread/Preserve (or any fruit preserve/jam)
- Ground Black Pepper to taste
Pre-heat oven to 400℉.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Slice baguette on its bias (diagonal cut) into 1” thick slices, divide the total amount of slices in half.
- Brush or spoon on Zesty Cilantro onto half of the slices, set on lined baking sheet.
- Brush or spoon on olive oil onto the remaining baguette slices, place on lined baking sheet.
- Bake for ~ 7 -10 minutes, until golden brown.
- Spread onto all of the slices ~3/4 Tbsp ricotta (making sure to remember which slices have the olive oil and which have the zesty cilantro).
- For the olive oil slices, spread on some fig/fruit preserve, then top with peach slices and a drizzle of peppery strawberry balsamic.
- For the zesty cilantro, top with vegan chorizo, sprinkle of chopped parsley, and a dash of ground black pepper.
- Serve and enjoy!!
Amanda Tonis (@TheNoshingFox)
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.