Vegan Black Bean Burgers
Homemade vegan black bean burger lettuce wraps (no food processor required!!) with a side of delicious parsnip curly fires. Easy, healthy, and delicious!!
- 1 (15 oz) Can Black Beans — drained, but no rinse
- 1 Tbsp Red Onion — finely chopped
- 1/2 C Panko Bread Crumbs
1 tsp Each of:
Saucy Lips Jalapeño & Green Apple hot sauce
Red Onion Rings
Dill Pickle Spears
- Onion Powder
- Garlic Powder
- Smoked Paprika
- Nutritional Yeast
- Cayenne Pepper
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Avocado Oil (or olive oil)
- 1 Fax Egg — 1 Tbsp ground flax mixed with 3 Tbsp water, stir, let set in fridge for ~5 mins until thickened
- Pre-heat oven to 425℉
- In a medium bowl, mash the black beans until well mushed, but still leaving a few intact beans for some extra texture.
- Add in the finely chopped red onion.
- Mix in the spices and nutritional yeast.
- Next mix in the oil, bread crumbs, and flax egg.
- Mix everything together until well combined, then evenly divided mixture to form 4 patties
- Heat a cast iron skillet (or an oven safe pan) to med/high, with 1-2 Tbsp avocado oil (or another high heat safe neutral tasting oil).
- Gently place bean patties in the iron skillet, and let cook for ~2-3 mins on each side, until a crust has formed (similarly to a conventional burger).
- Then transfer the skillet into the oven and let bean patties cook for ~5 mins on each side.
- Serve in a leaf of butter lettuce top with sliced veggies, and a drizzle of hot sauce.
Parsnip Curly Fries:
1 (very) Large Parsnip (or 2-3 small-medium parsnips)
1/2 tsp each of:
Salt & Pepper
1 Tbsp Fresh Parsley (finely chopped)
- Wash, peel, and spiralize (or shred/grate) the parsnip(s).
- Generously coat parsnip pieces with 2 Tbsp avocado oil (or olive oil).
- Add the seasonings.
- Spread out the fries, so they’re not too crowded, onto a roasting pan or sheet.
- Place on highest rack and let broil (500℉) until golden, crispy, and tender.
- Pile ‘em high and serve with a sprinkle of freshly chopped parsley on top.
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.