This Spicy Vegan Summer Chili is sure to sooth your soul…and maybe even cleanse your sinuses a little, wink, wink.
- 3 Tbsp Avocado Oil (or another high heat safe oil)
- 1 15oz Can Diced Tomatoes
- 1 15oz Can Black Beans (inc. bean water)
- 1 15oz Can Pinto Beans (inc. bean water)
- 1 15oz Can Red Kidney Beans (inc. bean water)
- 1 C. Corn
- 1 Medium/Large Pablano Pepper (diced)
- 1/2 Medium/Large White Onion (diced)
- 1 Package (vegan) Chorizo Seitan (or your preferred spiced vegan meat, OR 1 large cubed sweet potato)
- 3 Cloves Chopped Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Tomato Paste
- 2 C. Vegetable Broth
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Cumin
- 1 tsp Cloves
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1/4 tsp Red Pepper Flakes
- Juice of 1/2 Lime
- 1 tsp Pink Himalayan Salt
- 1 Tbsp Saucy Lips Ghost Pepper & Tamarind hot sauce
- Heat oil over med/high heat.
- Add spices and let heat until aromatic and lightly toasted — ~3 mins., stirring occasionally.
- Add Pablano Pepper, Garlic, and Onion. Let sauté for ~5 mins.
- Add Chorizo Seitan (etc.) and Corn, let cook ~2-3 mins.
- Add Canned Diced Tomatoes and Tomato Paste, stir.
- Add the Black, Kidney, Pinto Beans — remember to include the bean water.
- Add Veggie Broth, Hot Sauce, Salt, and Lime juice, stir well.
- Bring everything to a boil, then lower heat and let simmer for ~30 mins., or until desired thickness/consistency.
- OPTIONAL Serving Suggestions: Quinoa, Brown Rice, Fresh Corn/Flour Tortillas, or even dunk some crunchy Tortilla Chips in there!
Leave a comment
Comments will be approved before showing up.