Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lbs of shoulder steak thinly sliced and cut into small 1 inch strips.
- 3 Tbsp of Jalapeño green apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 head of broccoli cut into florets (about 6 oz florets)
- 3 tbsp Whole30 compliant oil
- 1 bunch (usually 6) scallions cut and divide white/green parts
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 6 Tbsp Pineapple thai sauce
- 2 tbsp water or broth
- 2 tsp tapioca or arrowroot starch
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- Toasted sesame seeds and more thinly sliced scallions for garnish
Place the sliced beef in a large bowl and toss with the jalapeño sauce and 1/2 tsp sea salt. leave it to marinate while you prepare the other ingredients
For the sauce, mix together the pineapple sauce, 2 tbsp water or broth and tapioca or arrowroot starch until dissolved. You wont need the sauce until the very end, but make sure you have this ready before making the broccoli.
To cook the broccoli, heat 1 tbsp of your compliant choice of oil in a cast iron pan or skillet. Add broccoli and stir fry it for about 30 seconds, making sure the oil coats all the broccoli florets. Then lower the heat, add the 2 tbsp water and cover the pan for another 30 seconds or until your broccoli turns bright green, once ready, transfer the broccoli to a dish.
Add 2 Tbsp of oil to the pan and turn the heat high. Add the sliced beef and stir fry for about a minute then add the garlic, and white part of the scallions , continue stir frying for another minute or two.
Add the sauce, the broccoli, and green part of the scallions ( leave some for garnish) and cook everything for about 3 minutes then remove from the heat.
You can garnish this dish with toasted sesame seeds and the rest of the green onions.
Goes great with a side of Cauliflower rice! and if it needs a little more sauce top with some extra jalapeño green apple or one of our spicy ones to add heat.