Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min to 1hr
- 4 Portobello mushrooms, washed and stems and grills removed.
- 2 Tbsp of olive oil
- 1/2 medium size onion chopped
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 bottle of Otamot's Organic Essential Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
Spicy Nutmeg Cashew Cream Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon of Nutmeg
- 1 cup of cashews
- 1/2 cup of water
- 2 tbsp of Ghost Pepper Tamarind (this is for a medium spicy version add more to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat your oven to 400° and grease your baking dish.
- Start by quickly softening up your cashews. All you need to do is place your cashews into a pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil. Once the water is boiling, remove from heat, and cover. Let those soak while you prepare the ragù.
- For making the ragú, heat two tbsp of olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.
- Add onions and stir for about 5 minutes.
- Add the ground beef, season with salt and pepper and stir continuously until no longer pink.
- Add the Otamot's Organic Essential Sauce, and mix in with the meat.
- Bring down the heat to the lowest setting and cook for at least 30 min stirring occasionally. (If you are not in a hurry, we recommend letting the ragu cook for 45 min to an hour)
- Place mushrooms, stem side down on baking sheet and brush with oil.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until beginning to soften.
- While the mushrooms are in the oven, make your cashew cream sauce.
- In a blender add your cashews, 1/2 cup of water, two tbsp of Ghost Pepper Tamarind, the nutmeg, and the salt and blend until smooth.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oven and soak up with a paper towel any excess water. Flip mushroom caps over and put a thin layer of cashew cream sauce on each cap, top with the meat ragú and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Drizzle more cashew sauce and enjoy